Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MAC Viva Glam Nicki Photos and Swatches


The time has come for MAC to release their new Viva Glam additions.
The past two years have been Gaga herself, and Cyndi Lauper, but now the torch has been passed down to Nicki Minaj, and Ricky Martin.
With every lipstick purchased, or lip conditioner, all proceeds go towards the MAC AIDS Fund.
So by buying a gorgeous lipstick, you're helping the research in the cure for AIDS!

Keep reading for a description and a ton of photos!



Onto the actual lipstick, it's a gorgeous, yellow based, hot pink!
Nicki's first lipstick with MAC, Pink Friday, was very yellow based,
and made my teeth look grossly yellow, but this doesn't!
At first glance I thought it'd share some of the same characteristics of Candy Yum Yum, which came out in the Quite Cute collection, but alas, they are nothing alike!
Candy Yum Yum is a neon, cool toned fuchsia, whereas Viva Glam Nicki is a brightened coral pink!

I think this color is perfect for Spring and Summer, and will look great on any skin tone. Viva Glam lipsticks are meant to compliment everyone, which helps with raising money for the campaign, another great thing about this program.
Of course, being a spokesperson, Ricky also came out with a product, which was a lip conditioner.
I already have a staple lip balm, (and a backup of that), so I didn't feel the need to purchase it.

It's a satin finish lipstick, which is practically a creamy finish, but to me, I find it to actually be a more on the matte side.
Keep in mind, I apply every lipstick with a lip brush, so that could possibly come into play of how it comes off.
In terms of pigmentation, it's pretty potent!
But it's also really easy to just dab instead of swiping, to make it sheerer than it's true potential.

I would give a release date, but you never know when a MAC collection's going to come out online/in stores, but it should be soon!
I'm pretty sure that they say the 15th,
but keep a look out!

The price for sure is:
$14.50 USD

So if you get it, let me know how you like it!
..Or don't! 
:) 

And now, for the pictures!
Keep in mind, that I didn't think about getting it today,
so I have some stubble!
AND all I have on my face is the Garnier B.B. Cream that I'm trying out,
which has SPF in it, thus my face being lighter than my neck!
Off we go!








No comments:

Post a Comment